The film opens with footage from the sliding bridge of Evripos in Chalkida, Euboea.
The bridge’s inauguration was done in 1963 by Efth. Malakis, with the help of Th. Tassios. In the background, through the dense vegetation, stands out the Hellenic Railways Organisation (OSE) building that was inaugurated on March 6, 1904. The building is made out of stone with strong elements of neoclassical style and the clock that adorns the main facade.
Afterwards, the lens follows the visitors and the locals as they enjoy their walk in the city and then passes by the fish market neighbourhood recording the buildings on the Kanithos hill where it captures the church of the Annunciation and zooms-in on it.
The lens continues its wandering in the Euboean Gulf, meets Malliou Square and the red mansion, now owned by the Municipality of Chalkida, passing from the Kotsika mansion a building of neoclassical style architecture with baroque elements, a work of Pothitos Kamaras.
In 1984, it was bought during the mayoralty of Giannis Spanos in order to be renovated and used as a town hall, and in 1994 it was inaugurated by the-then-mayor Stelios Margaritis.
Behind the town hall is the snow-capped peak of the Great Mountain. Boating in the sea, Athanasios Simos who sells "Greek and English cashmere" and on the coastal road the roar of a modern city where cars and buses run on the same road as the wheels of a carriage, for anyone who needs to travel to the romance of another era.