We are in Shipka, a town in central Bulgaria, part of Kazanlak Municipality, Stara Zagora Province.
The film begins with shots from the road that are taken from inside the moving car. We see the landscape as well as the Memorial Temple of the Birth of Christ which stands out in the background, the lens stays there for a while and then shows us the church from close-by.
It is a Bulgarian Orthodox church built near the town of Shipka between 1885 and 1902 to Antoniy Tomishko's design in a 17th century Muscovite style, under the direction of the architect Alexander Pomerantsev. It is, along with the other parts of the Shipka Monument complex, dedicated to the Russian, Ukrainian and Bulgarian soldiers that died for the liberation of Bulgaria in the Russo-Turkish War of 1877-78. The filmmaker shows us a woman who has visited the imposing building as well as views of the church from different angles.
The film closes with a road sign informing us that we are leaving Shipka.